Delhi’s nightlife scene has undergone a total transformation in the last decade. There are plenty of modern, cosmopolitan joints out to separate you from your rupees. In a desperate attempt to keep the sex ratio vaguely equitable, many lounges and clubs have couples only policies (that is, no single men or men-only groups), enforced with varying degrees of strictness. While everything is theoretically to shut down by 1AM things can keep going much longer.
Coffee / tea
- The coffee culture in Delhi consists mostly of large, heavily standardised chains. The two most common, Barista  and Cafe Coffee Day , can be found in multiple locations across the city, most notably around Connaught Place. The partly UK-based Costa Coffee  also has presence in the city with several outlets spread across the city. US based Starbucks Coffee has also made a recent foray into the market with a few outlets in South and central Delhi but adding more and more outlets day by day.
- Independent coffee shops are harder to find in Delhi, but they do exist, and are well worth seeking out.
- Chill&Chai @ Khoj, S17 Khirki Extension (opposite Saket Select Citywalk), . . A great tiny place for good coffee, tea and international food inside one of Delhi’s best known cultural center KHOJ. Mediterranean style with cool terrace.
- Aap ki Pasand Tea Shop, Sterling House, 15 Netaji Subhash Marg, Daryaganj (opposite the post office, walking distance from Red Fort), ☎ +91 11 2326 0373, . . A great place to sample Indian chai and the exotic Darjeeling and Assam teas and purchase the same. Located in an old colonial era building, its teas have been savored by Bill Clinton, Gorbachov, Koizumi and are taken as official state gifts of India.
Indian bar food, hookah and an amazing lounge experience. The crowd that frequents these two places is young, hip and trendy.
- Hookah, Basant Lok (in Priya Cinema complex), Vasant Vihar, ☎ +91 11 4166 3522. 3 level bar-restaurant offering surprisingly good (but pricy) Middle Eastern food. They offer a wide range of drinks and an even wider range of flavored water pipes. There is no outdoor seating, nor do they offer hot drinks.
- Toast by Lazeez Affaire, Rajouri Garden, West Gate Mall (level III). Great collection of flavored tobacco sheesha, and drinks, international food, greek, french, pan European and Indian cuisines
- Mocha, Defense Colony.
- Ziya- The Morockin Cafe, ☎ +91 92 1263 1306/1/2. This is a chain of neuvo Middle Eastern cafes that offers a wide range of drinks and food (not to mention the flavored tobacco). Budget prices